Monday 18 March 2013

The Lump

I did a compression test and cylinder 1 was 145  #2 was 138 and #3 was 150 which I thought was good but when I looked up the exhaust ports I could see red slime on the con rods  mmmmm need to whip off the heads and barrels to check the crank as its a fair lump of a crank and I want it running like a top.

Lets power wash the lump

Not nice
First head of OK

Although the piston is in good nick lots of slime

Head #2 off 
Piston  looks OK from the top
All off one head bolt v tight
Best present off santa my engine stand
All barrels off , yuck crank looks passed there sell by date
Home made crate and 46Kg in total


All back together and packaged up for the courier up to Higgspeed in Blackpool for a total rebuild.  I usually do all the jobs on my restorations projects but this crank looks a bit to much for me as I said I want this Kawasaki to run like a watch preferably by my birthday (June ) but the more work (cost) I find this may be pushing it.









No comments:

Post a Comment